On 12 May, Andreas Wade, First Solar Global Sustainability Director and PVthin President, participated in the annual Solar Power Summit. He shared insights over how to further improve its sustainability performance in relation to environmental, social, and corporate governance aspects.
During the session, other outstanding experts (see below) discussed society’s increasing sustainability transparency demands on companies. They not only covered the matter of the new environmental protection challenges the industry has to adapt to but also how they can approach and ensure a positive impact on society and good governance.
- Susannah Wood – Marketing Director , Statkraft
- Yun Luo – co-founder & CEO, ROSI Solar
- Paul Wormser – Vice President, Technology, Clean Energy Associates
- Michael Schmela – Executive Advisor and Head of Market Intelligence, SolarPower Europe
Given Andreas Wade’s expertise in the field of industry sustainability, he was invited to contribute to Solar Power Europe’s Solar Sustainability Best Practices Benchmark Report. This report saw the light during the session and Andrea’s briefly highlighted the most important chapters: carbon footprint, circularity, and human rights.
You can watch the full session on YouTube.
On 20 May, Andreas Wade participated in European Technology & Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics (ETIP) Annual Conference’s session on ‘Reliable and Sustainable Solar PV Everywhere’.
The session was introduced by Ulrike Jahn from VDE Renewables and four insightful presentations followed:
- The Strategic Importance of Reliability, Sustainability, and Integration in the PV Sector by the European PV SRIA – David Moser, EURAC Research
- Reliability Challenges for New PV Material & Module Developments – Gernot Oreski, PCCL
- Lifecycle PV quality assurance for PV power plants – Paolo V. Chiantore, BayWa r.e.
- Research and Innovation for expanding solar power generation without expanding land use – Bianca Lim, ISFH
To wrap up the event, Andreas Wade participated in the live panel discussion on how can PV be installed and integrated in a reliable and sustainable way and discussed PV’s main role in the energy transition and the exemplary measures the industry has to take towards sustainability.
You can watch the full session on Vimeo (login required).