To strengthen global energy security and help create sustainable energy infrastructures by promoting the social, economic and environmental benefits of thin-film solar photovoltaic technologies.
Concretely, PVthin is working to:
- Strengthen global energy security and support the transition to a low carbon economy by promoting thin-film solar photovoltaic technologies
- Cooperate with associations and industries that support responsible product management at end-of-life and internalised holistic environmental footprinting based on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Strongly encourage resource-efficient production, sustainable raw material use, and responsible PV recycling and recovery programs and technologies
- Educate policymakers of the potential of thin-film PV and the environmental, social, economic and technological advantages of thin-film
- Provide a platform for research into both mature and emerging thin-film PV technologies
PVthin is an international, not-for-profit coalition representing global leaders in the Thin-Film Solar Industry and broader value chain based on chalcogenide perovskite, tandem and heterojunction PV technologies.
PVthin is registered as a non-profit international association under Belgian law.